Self Care Sunday

*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I earn commission off of qualifying purchases.


I think self-care looks different for everyone. What works for me won't necessarily work for you.

Self-care takes on many forms for me. Here's a few ways I take care of myself and feel a serotonin boost afterwards that boosts my mood or just relieves my stress.

1. Washing my hair - I know this is silly, but I only wash it 1-2 times per week and I just feel so dang good after a fresh wash and style. (I'm not suggesting taking a 5 second shower is self-care. Stay at home moms, I see you!)

2. Wearing makeup - Soft and subtle or loud glam; it doesn't matter, it's self-care in all forms. I take anywhere from 5-30 minutes each day to do my makeup. Without it I feel dull and like I've forgotten a piece of myself. With it I feel put together, motivated and like I've already accomplished something with my day.

3. Doing lives - I LOVE doing live demos. It makes me happy to share makeup tips and tricks and just talk about life. I demo Seint Beauty products and do eyeshadow lives weekly in my Facebook page. 

4. Baking - cake in a mug. Banana bread. Apple crisp. Lemon scones. Chocolate cake from scratch. Cake pops. All of these things (and others) bring me joy to make, and I have a husband, children and co-workers to eat them so I don't eat them all myself. Whether I have 5 minutes or 5 hours, I bake to relieve stress, to see something created out of nothing, and honestly, sometimes just to eat my feelings when the ice cream has run out!

5. Painting - there is something about paint on paper that just takes all my stress away. I don't paint as much as I'd like to because I typically don't have the time I want to do a full painting project and get stressed if I'm rushed and have to clean up half-way through. As the girls get older I'm hoping we'll do some painting projects together.

6. Face masks before bed - I used to HATE a nighttime skincare routine. I was terrible about washing my face at night. Since falling in love with Seint products I've learned to enjoy my nighttime skincare routine. I use Seint's skincare and on days where I want to take a little extra time I put on a hydrating green tea sheet mask. They're only about $1 per mask and come in sets of 10. At the time of publishing this blog you can actually get 30% off with an amazon digital coupon right on the website. Such a great price for ten nights of a little you time.


7. Reading - I'm in a Bible Study right now that keeps me accountable to reading. We're reading Beth Guckenberger's Throw the First Punch right now. I like reading before bed to clear my mind and it's better than scrolling through social media. Unfortunately social media scrolling wins more than I'd like to admit!

8. Praying - seems weird to call this self-care, but if I don't spend enough time with God my attitude, relationships and perspective start to suffer. Prayer keeps me grounded and grateful!

9. Cleaning - I breathe easier if my house is clean. Cleaning is more a necessity than something I enjoy, but if I'm in a funk I turn the tunes up and deep clean until the attitude is gone! Then I sit down and look around and give myself a pat on the back for getting everything clean! I've recently started setting a timer for 15-30 minutes of cleaning per day. It's amazing what you can get done in a short time frame with a little focus!

10. Sleeping - hahahaha. When none of the above are cutting it, there's always a nap or a good night's sleep to put that pep back in my step! Sometime I put some essential oils in my dehumidifier for a little ambiance to fall asleep to. 

What do you do for self-care? I probably missed a few (like watching Schitt's Creek or The Ultimatum on Netflix and other varieties of crafting). I try to spend a minimum of 30 minutes doing one of the above activities (or multiple) per day. Alone time is crucial for my introverted self.

What do you do for self-care?

Comments