Easy Gifts for Mom She'll Actually Want

*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I earn commission off of qualifying purchases.


We've all seen the gift guides for mom and rolled our eyes. I've looked through countless guides for gifts for close friends, first time moms, my sister or even my own mom and struggled to find things I actually liked in a good price range. Usually after an hour or so of trying to find the perfect gift I give up... don't give up this year. Check out my amazon favorites for mom this year!

For the mom who bakes:

- Silicone non-stick baking mats. These ones have circles as a macaron guide on them, but you can bake anything on them and for less than $15 for two you can't beat the price! Gift them alone or with a mixing bowl or whisk in mom's favorite color or with her favorite cookie mix. I have several sets of silicone mats and use them ALL the time to knead breads, bake cookies or pizza and more!

For the mom who organizes:

Tupperware lid organizer. I'm pretty sure lose lids drive all moms crazy. I recently binge cleaned and decluttered my entire house. Little organizers like this make it easy to keep things organized!


For the mom who can't finish a cup of coffee in one sitting:

Coffee Warmer & Mug Set. Keep mom from running to the microwave all morning long. The best part might be the auto shut off for the forgetful mom!


For the tech savvy mom:

Smart Light Switches. These pair with Alexa and Google Home and are easy to install. Control them with your voice, the app or by scheduling when you want the lights off and on. This is great for when you're on vacation and don't want to just leave the dining room light on the whole week. It's also a fun party trick to talk to your lights in your home (any millennials grow up loving Disney's Smart House?)


Smart Outlets. These pair with Alexa, Echo, and Google Home and come with a remote control. We have a lamp in our family room on a smart outlet so it turns on at 6 AM every morning and we don't stumble around in the dark. We also have our fan on one set to turn on at 10 PM every night because we were sick of getting in bed and realizing we forgot the fan and having to get up --- you too can help mom be that lazy for less than $20 for 2!

Wireless Earbuds. These are far cheaper than Bose or other name brand earbuds. I had always had corded earbuds, which I hated, until I got my current phone that DOESN'T HAVE HEADPHONE JACKS. I guess welcome to the 21st century. Alex had been using these for about 6 months so I bought a pair as well. I have weird ear canals. Most earbuds hurt my ears after 30 minutes or so. I can wear these for several hours and hardly notice I have them in. And they truly do cancel noise. I only wear one most of the time or I won't hear anything going on around me!


For the mom who is ALWAYS cold:

Sherpa Wearable Blanket - I think this one speaks for itself. 


For the mom who likes trying new foods:

Mike's Hot Honey. It's good with cream cheese and crackers, added to wings, ribs, a charcuterie board, and more. It's an easy gift for the hard-to-gift person who likes hot stuff!

For the mom who wants to spend more time with her kids:

KIDSTIR Baking Kit - My MIL gifted the girls this cake pop kit for their birthday and we had a blast making the cake pops together. It's basically a meal kit... except it's dessert... and your kids help you. Everything is pre-measured and labeled and they tasted pretty good too!


KIDSTIR Monthly Subscription. I'm not a paid partner of KIDSTIR, but I really enjoyed the kit we did. A monthly sub would be a great idea for the mom who has everything but lacks time to do fun things like this with her kids. Everything is in the box and you've got her and the kids set for Mother's Day, Birthdays and Christmas with one gift!

For the Mom who needs some self-love:

Shower Steamers. They're like bath bombs for adults! Less fizz, great smell; just place them in the corner of your shower and be transported to a spa in minutes.


Green Tea Sheet Masks. I mentioned these in a previous blog, but I just love them so much they need mentioned again. About $1/sheet and they feel so good on your skin. It's a nice way to remind mom to take some time to pamper herself!

- Pamper mom with a gift card to her favorite nail salon, spa, or restaurant - who says food isn't a form of self-love!

If you want to go a more personalized route check out Shutterfly or MixTiles. Both have loads of options for using your own pictures to create something memorable for mom and they both offer discounts for new users!

If you have a crafty mom sign up for an art class at your local Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, or Hobby Lobby to do together or watch the sales and get a custom frame for a picture or piece of art for mom to hang on the wall. We've used Michael's for a lot of our art in our home and they do a great job making custom frames for your specific needs.

Another idea is to google your city and the words "outdoor market" and go to a local arts & craft market in the next few weeks to find something unique for mom! Better yet, go with mom and make it a Mother's Day outing!

And last, but certainly not least, shop local or shop small. Mother's Day is Sunday May 8th, so act fast if you're going to order from a small shop! Here are some small shops that are owned by friends of mine (or me. ha)

1. Seint Beauty - I am a Seint artist and would love to help you pick out the perfect gift for mom; some lip & cheeks, lip conditioner, eyeshadows, or even foundation if she's in the market for a new product! 

2. A&E Studio - acrylic abstract and themed art and resin creations

3. RESINgood kids - resin letters and kids sets and all kinds of gifts, trays and trinkets

4. MIG - handcrafted natural skincare, lotion and other products. Get $10 off your first order by using this link. (If you need recommendations let me know and I'll hook you up with my MIG Ambassador, Erin!)

5. Blissfully Boho Creations. - Handmade jewelry. Twin sisters run this company in Dayton and they have some great stuff. I own several pairs of earrings and a few other items from this shop!

6. Baking Buddies Cookie Co. - Custom iced sugar cookies & more located in Liberty Township.

7. Wolf Treats - cookies, cakes, and other baked goods located in Cincinnati!

8. Scentsy - Shop all things that smell good! My friend, Crystal can be your guide to picking out everything you need for mom!


If any of these ideas were helpful, let me know! I think the most important thing to remember surrounding days like Mother's Day and birthdays is to get something that feels like YOU. Gifts should be authentic to your person and show you know the person you're gifting well enough to get them something they'll enjoy.


XO,

Erin




Comments