Baby Dedication

On March 7th, 2020 we dedicated Violet and Zara to the Lord. Lots of our family was able to make the trek to come be with us for this special occasion. It was an amazing day. I know the girls won't remember it so I tried to take a lot of pictures for them to look back on when they're older. In preparation for the day Alex and I were tasked with coming up with a handful of characteristics that we want to pray over the girls for the next 18 years. We were supposed to share these with our family at the dedication but there was a lot going on and we ran out of time. So I'll be sharing them here. Will you join me in praying these characteristics over our children?

Alex:
1. PASSIONATE about relationships and everything they do (work, hobbies, family, etc.)
2. THOUGHTFUL in how they treat others and spend their time, talents & treasures.
3. COURAGEOUS, standing up for what they believe in and advocating for those who can't.

Erin:
1. EMPATHETIC, able to read the needs of others and meet them where they're at, having a servant's heart for others.
2. PATIENT, waiting on God's timing and His will for their lives, extending grace to family, friends, and strangers too.
3. CREATIVE - never stop exploring, imagining and creating, having a spirit of spontaneity, appreciating that God is the ultimate Creator.

What a blessing it is to have close family and friends to walk life with. I'm overwhelmed by the love poured out to us and simply love watching the girls grow. Each month is my favorite. Each milestone is my favorite. Every smile, laugh, babble and new consonant is my favorite. Being a mom is my favorite.









Comments